Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Animal Stories

February, 2014
One morning Elder Beecher and I were walking to the Botanical Gardens and on Sheriff Street, which is the busy main road, a short  brown dog was out in the road with a pineapple juice can stuck on it's head.  Cars were honking and the poor dog could not see where she was going.  I called the dog over to the side of the road and held onto the can and coaxed her to pull her head out.  She was so happy.  It made me happy too.  
That same day, there was a gecko in the bottom of the garbage can. He could have climbed out, but there was a lid on the can.  I took the lid off and left it off.  The next time I looked he was gone.
One morning Elder Beecher put a slice of bread in the toaster.  After a minute when it started to get hot.  A gecko flew out of the toaster.  He had a crisp  shortened brown tail.  We saw the gecko with the brown tail often after that.  We liked having the geckoes around.  We didn't like the cockroaches.  One night after we had just gone to sleep the phone rang.  I jumped out of bed and ran into the other room in the dark to answer it.  I stepped on two cockroaches and killed them!  I was more concerned about cleaning my foot than taking care of the cockroaches.  The next morning only one dead cockroach was there??

No comments:

Post a Comment